Dr.Vandana Shiva has fought for the health of seeds. She has educated the world on how GMO food is made. As I understand it the corn is taken and combined with pesticide and then grown. Lab rats suffer kidney and liver failure for eating these foods. What does it then do to us ?
What does GM do to our health? We have no idea. We eat vegetables and fruit in good faith. We think they are good nutrition. But what has been pointed out is that if they are not grown organically or non GMO what do we have?
I got this list sent from a friend; It makes sence. Try the difference in celery for instance. The organic ones are tasty and smell rich. The beauty of celery is that it can help balance water in the body and is helpful with sugar cravings.
Again I have to refer to Michael Pollan and his food rules. If it does not rot eventually it is not food!
I am fascinated by Dr. Vandana Shiva and her spirit. She is one of my heroes.
- Live Q&A: Vandana Shiva (guardian.co.uk)
- The YES! Interview with Vandana Shiva (leftygazette.wordpress.com)
- Vandana Shiva: Teachers for a Living World (yesmagazine.org)
- Dr. Vandana Shiva: Occupy our food supply! (rubbishqueen.wordpress.com)
- We are waging a losing War against the Earth (panokroko.wordpress.com)
- Vandana Shiva: The seed emergency: The threat to food and democracy (leftygazette.wordpress.com)
- summary of mies’ and shiva’s «ecofeminism» (ecoinitiation.wordpress.com)