A heartwarming story from Reykjavik
This is the nest of Ravens Huginn and Harpa they used the easter vacation to build their nest under the roof of an elementary school, in the center of Reykjavik Iceland. That is perhaps not such a big deal. But, the very loud school bell is right under the nest.
When teachers and children returned to their posts after easter.The principal decided to detach the electric school bell, in order not to disturb ,the Raven couple. He decided to bring out the bell from 1930 in order to replace the electric one. This is an old hand-held bell, and a treasure of the past. The children now enjoy the encounter of the old bell instead of the loud electrical one. By doing this the principal is making the most of his role as an educator. He is respecting the life of other creatures. He is setting an outstanding example for his students. He has given the students a great opportunity to first hand follow the pair of Ravens build a home for their young and the kids absorb everything about the birds. I think this is such a lovely story and I wanted to share with you. Because the role of an educator , when used wisely can lead to so much good. This is such a beautiful opportunity the principal has used to better the world.
- Reykjavik, Colorful In All Ways (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Golden Egg, Seed Forum, Startup Iceland… a lot happening (startupiceland.com)
- Cultural and Culinary Surprises In Reykjavik (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Reykjavik Grapevine: Reviews: Live Music: Tectonics Festival… (sunnyromy.wordpress.com)
- Readers of the World: Iceland (thereaderonline.co.uk)